By Mia Syn, MS, RDN
May is the unofficial start of summer and marks the beginning of Women’s Health Month. This month is an excellent reminder for females to reevaluate their health needs and explore new ways to achieve wellness, inside and out. Whether you’re adding more movement or exercise throughout the week, you’re eating more seasonal, colorful and fresh foods, or filling in nutrition gaps with high-quality supplements when needed, there are so many different paths to take to maximize your wellness. Even starting one or two new habits can start a transformational process for your life and health.
One question many women ask is, “Do women need female-specific probiotics?” First, women have uniquely different microbiomes in their bodies, that sometimes need specialized care and attention, compared to their male counterparts. And second, with age comes microbiome changes, along with many other changes as we all know. For example, how we see or feel changes in our skin, our urinary tract health, or how our digestive system reacts when we’re stressed, women’s microbiomes also evolve with age. As a result, women need proper vitamins, and minerals to fill in nutrient gaps, and probiotic strains to help optimize health.
Just in time for Women’s Health Month, TruBiotics has launched two new probiotics, specifically for women –TruBiotics Women’s Capsules for Digestive/Vaginal/ Bone Health and TruBiotics Women’s Sugar-Free Gummies with Collagen for Digestive/Urinary/Hair, Skin & Nails Health. These formulas were designed especially for women in different life stages that need health maintenance. These probiotics are unique because they provide multi-benefit health solutions and help maintain several different health concerns.
The TruBiotics Women’s Capsules is a specially formulated, all-in-one probiotic, with three different clinically studied probiotic strains, and a unique combination of vitamins and minerals for those concerned with their vaginal health or their bone density. It includes:
- Bifidobacterium animalis (BB-12®), one of the most scientifically studied types of beneficial bacteria for digestive and immune health*
- Lactobacillus reuteri (RC-14®) and Lactobacillus rhamnosus (GR-1®), the two most clinically studied probiotic strains to help keep vaginal Ph and yeast in balance*
- Calcium and Vitamin D3 to support bone health and optimize immune health*
For women interested in maintaining their skin, hair, and nails, as well as urinary tract health, the TruBiotics Women’s Sugar-Free Gummies for digestive and urinary tract health, is a great option, which also has beauty benefits. It features:
- Bacillus subtilis (DE-111®) – the most clinically studied bacillus probiotic for digestive and immune health*
- 500mg of cranberry fruit extract to help support long-term urinary tract health*
- A powerful combination of Collagen, Biotin, and Vitamin C to help maintain hair, skin, and nail health*
- Prebiotic fiber, isomalto-oligosaccharides, which act as food for and benefits the probiotics
Even more important, is that this great-tasting probiotic gummy is the only one on the market that contains collagen, and has no sugar or artificial sweeteners, and is free of gluten and gelatin!
As always, before adding any supplements or making any dietary changes, talk to a doctor, ObGyn, registered dietitian or integrative medicine practitioner to guide you on your wellness journey. And, if you’re ready to start today, click here to receive $2 off your first purchase.